2018 – Individual psychodynamic psychotherapy training program at Vilnius University
2016 – 2020 Adult psychiatry training at Clinic of Psychiatry of Vilnius University
2010 – 2016 Medical Doctor, Master in Health Sciences, Vilnius University Faculty of Medicine
Master thesis – “The impact of psychological factors on patients with irritable bowel syndrome”.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE IN PSYCHIATRY
Since September 2020 Psychiatrist at Vilnius Centre for psychotherapy and psychoanalysis
February – April 2020 Physician assistant at Republican Centre for Addictive Disorders
September 2016 – July 2020 Psychiatric trainee at Vilnius University, Faculty of Medicine, Clinic of Psychiatry.
I have accomplished rotations in various areas of psychiatry: adult inpatient and outpatient psychiatry, psychiatric emergency, child and adolescence psychiatry, old age psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, psychotherapy, eating disorders, forensic psychiatry.
February 2018 – July 2019 – Physician assistant at Republic Vilnius Psychiatric hospital
- September – November 2019: Erasmus+ internship at Newham Centre for Mental Health, East London NHS Foundation Trust (London, United Kingdom).
The internship programme combined clinical and academical activities. I shadowed mental health professionals at the triage ward for women and in the community services. I participated in lectures with other junior doctors training in psychiatry and attended various research events. I enhanced my academical skills by completing a peer review training course at the Publons Academy. I analysed data using SPSS and presented my findings during a public seminar at the Academic Unit in Newham. These data were used by writing an article about migration tendencies between psychiatric trainees in the Baltic countries.
- May, June 2018: Erasmus+ internship in Oberbergklinik Schwarzwald (Hornberg, Germany).
During this internship I adapted my clinical skills in an international setting. I participated in the clinical programme of intense psychopharmacological treatment combined with psychotherapy. I attended daily routines, medical rounds with the head of the Clinic. I observed psychotherapeutic interventions, clinical supervisions and I took part in the IRRT (Imagery Rescripting and Reprocessing Therapy) training courses.
- 2014 – 2015 Erasmus+ exchange: Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli (Naples, Italy).
During this exchange programme I attended lectures with other medical students and did exams in Italian and English.
- Publication “Attitudes towards migration from the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea: similar history but different psychiatric trainees?”, June 2020, International Review of Psychiatry.
- Publication “Perceived Abuse Experience, Emotion Regulation and Somatic Complaints in Early Adolescence”, July 2017, Health Sciences in Eastern Europe.
- E-poster presentation at the 26th European Congress of Psychiatry, 2018, Nice, France: “Psychotherapy Within Psychiatric Training: Are We Improving?”.
- Oral presentations at 11th Bialystok International Medical Congress for Young Scientists, 2016, Bialystok, Poland: “The impact of psychological factors on patients with irritable bowel syndrome“; „Diagnostic difficulties in patients with dissociative disorders” – second award for an oral presentation.
- Oral presentations at 10th Bialystok International Medical Congress for Young Scientists, 2015, Bialystok, Poland: „Educational influence of psychiatric stigma reduction in high schools“, „Comparing students’ attitudes toward mental illness between Lithuania and Italy“ – second distinction for an oral presentation.
- Oral presentations at Conference of Vilnius university Faculty of Medicine Students’ Scientific association’s Psychiatry and Psychotherapy groups, 2016, Vilnius, Lithuania: „The role of clozapine in treatment of resistant schizophrenia“, „A study of mentalization and somatic problems in early adolescence“.
SOCIAL AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Member of Lithuanian Psychiatric Association, Young Psychiatrists Association, European Federation of Psychiatric Trainees.
- Member of Advisory Committee of Early Career Psychiatrists for 20th WPA World Congress of Psychiatry, 2021.
- Coordinator of International Young Psychiatrists’ Committee for WPA Inter Zonal Congress Vilnius; Participant of Leadership and professional skills course for Early Career Psychiatrists (directed by prof. N. Sartorius, prof I.H. Pedersen), 2017.
- Coordinator of Psychotherapy group of Vilnius University Faculty of Medicine Students’ Scientific Association (2015-2016)
- Head of contact persons for exchange students at International Federation of Medical Students Associations (2014)
- Administrator, curator of freshmen, events organizator (2011), human resources coordinator (2012) at Vilnius University Faculty of Medicine Students’ Representation.